I traded places with Carlie and Ryan, they came to Utah for skiing and I went to their house and let my grandkids show me how to run their house.
First, the statement: Grandma, you're getting old! Next the questions: Why do you have those things on your legs (spider veins)? Why do you have that bandaid patch on your side (hormone patch)? Why do you have wrinkles on your neck? Did you brush your teeth - they have yellow on them.
List of things to do:
*Get them to eat healthy food - which isn't chips, candy, ice cream, cookies, McDonalds.
*Have Isabel ready for school bus by 8:00 with packed backpack and suitable clothes - which isn't short skirts, flip flops, necklaces, toys in pockets. home at 2:45
*Have Taylor at preschool by 9:00 also with suitable clothes and some semblance of hair combed. home at 11:30
*Chase Cole around all day and hope he doesn't get into Daddy's office too many times.
*Also included are Taylor to hip-hop and dance, Isabel to ballet and gymnastics-
*Don't forget Isabel's homework and reading each night.
*Everyone in bed by 7:30-7:45 ---- hurry and do dishes, laundry, straighten up the house and finally relax until the next day and start all over again.
Grandmothers are meant to be part-time moms, full time would bring more wrinkles, veins, hypertension, yellow teeth, heart burn, hot flashes.
Don't be misled.....I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!!

1 comment:
WOW!! Go Kathy!! That is amazing! You're such a great grandma and mom. I'm sure Carlie and Ryan appreciated you and I'm sure your grandkids had a blast with you.
Post a Comment